The Bridge Studio is a socially conscious design agency that was founded by Michelle Fox in 2009.
Creative communications, research, and design for a better world
Our mission is to use design, strategy, and creative communications to encourage understanding, collaboration, and cooperation for positive change.
When you hire The Bridge Studio, you are supporting a minority, woman owned and operated small business that is a force for good. Michelle Fox is a creative social entrepreneur committed to supporting positive social change.
Michelle Fox is the creative social entrepreneur behind The Bridge Studio. She has worked within and for mission-driven organizations for over 15 years. Her expertise lies at the intersections of design, strategy, systems thinking, and creative communications.
Her clients include think tanks, international non-profits, local and state governments, and tribes across the West. Almost all of the work she has done over the last decade has been under the context of climate change and systems change.
Michelle proudly demonstrates her commitment to being a force for good through advocacy, activism, and volunteerism when she’s not rolling up her sleeves on client projects.
Public Speaking Engagements
- Now & Center: Entrepreneurial Voices from the Margin, Guest. 2022.
- Apocalyptic Resilience, Presenter. “Evolution Design: A values-centered approach to systems change.” 2021.
- Boulder County Arts Alliance, Moderator. “Relevance of Clay Panel Discussion.” 2019.
- Colorado Creative Industries Summit, Co-Presenter. “Design Thinking Workshop on Artist Displacement.” 2017.
- Rockefeller Foundation: 100 Resilient Cities luncheon, Co-Presenter. “Resilience Narratives.” 2015
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Transition Design Symposium: Futures Panel, Panelist presenting position paper: “Urban Climate Resilience is Transition Design.” 2015.
- National Adaptation Forum, Lead Presenter. “Resilience Narratives.” 2015.
- Stockholm World Water Week, Co-Presenter. “Resilience Narratives.” 2015.
- TedxMileHigh, Exhibitor: “Resilience Tumbling Blocks.” 2014.
- National Adaptation Forum, Lead Presenter: “Using Games to Demystify Complexity.” 2013.
- Leadership Fellows of Boulder County, 2022
- New Leaders Council, 2021
- Both fellowship programs are based on civic leadership and diversity, equity, access, and inclusion principles.
Continuing Education + Trainings
- User Experience Design. General Assembly 2019
- Art of Hosting, Calgary, Canada. 2018
- U.lab: Leading From the Emerging Future. MIT via Edx. 2017
- Human-Centered Design. Acumen + IDEO, 2016
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, from the School of Art at Virginia Commonwealth University. Dual degree in Graphic Design and Craft/Material Studies, minor in Art History. Cum Laude.
A Few More Fun Facts...
- 2 – The Helper
- INTJ – The Architect
... bc why not?
- Virgo Sun
- Virgo Moon
- Libra Rising
The Meaning Behind The Name
The Bridge Studio's name is inspired by the long-horizon view seen from the bridge of a ship. Our branding process was inspired by natural systems and sacred geometry. This resulted in a logomark that resembles a compass, ship's wheel, and mandala. Our name and logomark inspire us each day to look to the future and pursue solutions that are in harmony with people and the planet.